<$cats, rats, pets, advice$>

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Little Kitty Who Stole Christmas

It's 14 days until Christmas, and I still haven't decorated the house for Yule. And I'm not sure I'm going to. Sure, sure, part of my reluctance is due to my own laziness and the knowledge that I could be doing scads of other productive things during the time I'd spend hanging ornaments.

But then there's the Simone Factor.

Yuletide decorations create a paradise of mischief for young kitteroos. Ribbons are great to chew on. Glass tree ornaments are fun to swat at. Trees are made for climbing. Garland is cool to swing on. Mantlepiece ornaments can be knocked off and batted under the sofa.

I'm not sure I want to spend the next two weeks screaming "Stop, stop, stop!" instead of "Ho, ho, ho!" I may skip the holiday trimmings this year in favor of peace on earth and sanity. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home