<$cats, rats, pets, advice$>

Friday, March 23, 2007

Epilogue

Armand was put to sleep around 11 a.m. on January 22, five weeks short of his 17th birthday, due to cancer. I literally cried for weeks, and I still get very upset when I think about him much. I tried to watch a short video of him a month after his death, but it tore me up. He was my kitty soul mate, and I feel his loss so deeply.

I was almost certain that I would be ushering Elsinore into the next world shortly after Armand, as she was so sick. But Dr. Slossberg had a few miracles up his sleeve, and he must have used one to bring her around. It took a week's stay at the vet's and a week at home until she was truly "back on her (four) feet." The vet did discover that she has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which someday will kill her, but the systemic infection is now a thing of the past. By no means is she springing around like a spry young thing, but Elsinore is eating well, walking around, seeking attention, and enjoying life. She'll see her 19th birthday, which falls around the first week of April.

I'll be back to blogging normally next week. This past two months have been too painful to write about until now.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Our thoughts are with you and we are very sorry for your loss ~Poiland Tribe

6:56 PM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts. It was a trying time. Even though Elsinore's illness took an additional toll on me, taking care of her helped me to focus on something other than my grief for Armand. Every day, I feel so thankful that Elsinore is still here with me.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home