<$cats, rats, pets, advice$>

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catz 'n' Ratz Product Endorsement


Elsinore turned 19 years old sometime during the first week of April. Due to her heart problem (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), the after effects of her systemic infection, and old age, she goes through some incontinent spells. When one of us isn't here to supervise, she stays in a large dog kennel complete with food, water, bed, and litter box so that she doesn't foul the carpet.

She's had a bad spell this week, and tonight I'm doing her "laundry" (i.e., bedding) for the second time this week. Anyone who has had a cat pee or poop on fabric knows how hard it is to get the smell out...laundry detergent alone doesn't do the trick.

Years ago, I had a landlady who was caring for her elderly mother who suffered incontinence. My landlady, too, washed a lot of bed sheets, and fortunately I remembered her telling me that she added a capful of Lysol Concentrate to each load. It disinfects and really, REALLY eliminates poop odors. This product has been a lifesaver for me during the last six months or so. I highly recommend it to anyone taking care of an incontinent loved one, be it human or animal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home