<$cats, rats, pets, advice$>

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Meet the Staff, Part I


At age 18+, Elsinore is the oldest animal at Catz 'n' Ratz. She showed up on my front porch in June 1988 when she was approximately 8-weeks old. I opened the screen door, she ran inside, and that was that.

"Kitty prison" came into creation due to Elsinore. I had three older cats when she was a kitten, and she went through a spell of terrorizing them every night. One night I had enough. I put her in the cat carrier (aka "kitty prison"), placed her in the living room, shut the bedroom door, and got a decent night's sleep.

She's doing pretty well for an old kitty. She walks with some stiffness, has lost some weight, and doesn't get into trouble like she use to, but she can still jog a little, eats a lot, and loves to be petted. She also like to "talk" while I'm on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home